Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Changing Tide

I try to be a positive person, but recognize that sometimes I can get caught in a tide of negativity. While being in this spot is never fun, I greatly appreciate watching the world around me work to bring it all back to a peaceful equilibrium. This is just the beginning of the changing of the tide:

+ Seeing a stranger hand a homeless person a fist-full of change
+ Receiving a personal Haiku from a close and wise friend
+ Spying a group of co-workers laugh together as they work to decorate their company Christmas tree
+ Feeling the warmth of the glow that is cast from a house that is being consumed by holiday lights
+ Finding new friends that I almost didn't know I had
+ Watching a dear friend sort out the romantic plans of the rest of his life
+ Having the man of my dreams reach out to hold my hand

The best part, is that this is only the beginning.

No comments: